[Healeys] Sloppy clutch fork

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Sep 19 19:06:08 MDT 2016

Listers,

Got my gearbox and OD broken from the engine.  Biggest surprise was the
'release bearing;' it has over 100K on it and looks like it could go
another 100K.  Also, the first motion shaft has a bit more wear than I
would like; anyone think this is a problem?

The 'clutch fork'--part# 14 on this page:
http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=28878&SortOrder=220--has
a bit of slop.  If you grab the outer part of the fork and move it up
and down, it has maybe 3/32" of movement up and down on the bearing
end.  Is this normal, excessive, no big deal, etc.?   If it's a terrible
thing, anybody put new bushes in and, if so, how big a job is it?

TIA,

Bob