[Healeys] 3000 Mk III cloisonne front badge

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Mon Sep 12 16:29:35 MDT 2016

Good Morning Chris

That was 41 years ago. While I have recollections of visiting the DHMC when it was still operating in the converted cinema, my memory is hazy who I went with.

Wally at the time was on a teacher exchange in Northern Ireland and drove around in a Triumph Herald with a map of Australia painted along both sides. He explained to me that he thought people would realise that he was Australian and therefore not shoot at him.

Anyway for a time when Alan Jones and I were in the UK, Wally was as well. I know that Alan was short of funds and was working for the car collector Gerald Batt for a time so I don’t know if he came with me. The more I think of it the more I’m sure that both Wally and I went to the DHMC together and were given the Jensen-Healey keyrings.

Hoo Roo

Patrick