[Healeys] tire remover

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Wed Sep 7 05:43:46 MDT 2016

I haven't seen one with a pin through it is ages.  Even the smallest shop I visit has the grippers that grab the rim and hold it tightly.

---- Len and/or Marge Hartnett <thehartnetts at earthlink.net> wrote:

Rich:  Lots of good advice coming from The List about powder and decals.  What I have not seen is the issue of holding the wheel to the changer if that is how it is designed and how you plan to use it. The old changers had a pin to go into the lug hole on the wheel.  It looks like there is a pin in the second and third pictures on the HF web site.  No lug holes on our wire wheels.  The only way to hold the wheel from turning is to put the pin between the spokes.  NOT A GOOD IDEA!  Also, if you are going to try to remove the tire from the wheel while on the changer, you will need to bolt it down.

If you are just going to break the bead and manually turn the wheel, then that is probably OK.  But then you need a couple of tire irons to get the tire off of the wheel.  I used to have a small tool that you placed between the tire and the wheel rim and hit with a hammer as you worked your way around the wheel.  I don't see it in my tool box.  There could be a message in that.

(The Other) Len
Fairfield, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031