[Healeys] Oil pressure in a BJ8

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 04:09:50 MDT 2016

Hi Mike,
I didn't allow for people who fit the wrong oil pump drive for their cam.
Or the wrong chain on their timing gear. Or fit no rings to their Pistons....
But in this modern world of people who get burnt by coffee, and subsequently sue Mc Donald's, let me add...
You need to fit the correct oil pump drive, appropriate to your 12 or 13 tooth camshaft.
And while, theoretically, not having an oil pump drive engaged with your cam will theoretically mean you can never wear this gear out, be aware that the rest of your engine is now stuffed.  ;-)
Best
Chris
P.S.
I reckon the issue with that worn out low mileage old blokes 100/6 oil pump was actually due to some young buck mechanic who revved the date out of it at every service. Ferris Bueller Salter - I'm looking at you!!!! :-)