[Healeys] shift boot

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Thu Oct 27 20:39:00 MDT 2016

Hello

Exactly what is a shift boot?

Is it rubber boot that’s attached to the gearbox tunnel, through which the gear stick passes? If so they were never originally leather or vinyl, but were made from rubber.

I bought a gaiter-gear lever for a side-shift gearbox (BN2 through to early BT7/BN7 Mk2) about 12 months back.

A leather/vinyl ‘shift boot’ would be easily made by a local motor trimmer.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Blue Mountains, Australia