[Healeys] Le Mans Classic

Graeme Molony molony at dodo.com.au
Thu Oct 27 17:56:02 MDT 2016

Steven

I notice that one of the early Austin Healey’s that are featured is a photo of NOJ 392 one of the early Healey Motor Co cars that
raced at Le Mans in 1953 and that lived here in my home town for a number of years. The first time I saw the car was in the early
1990’s at the home of John Gray one of the long time Healey Club members here in Victoria.

At the time the car was nothing but a pile of rusty bits with the chassis tipped on its side in John’s garage where it remained
for a number of years prior to receiving a top class restoration by The Healey Factory for the Sells family in Sydney

It finally made it’s way back to the UK then if memory serves me right to France

It was sold again at the Bonhams Auction at the Goodwood Revival event in 2013 for 785,000 GBP or $1.213,284.00 Australian
Dollars inclusive of premium at the time.

Some great photo’s of the car and details of it’s extensive history are posted on the Bonhams Auction Site at
www.bonhams.com/auctions/20929/lot/350/ if anyone is interested.

Cheers

Graeme Molony
(BJ8)