[Healeys] 100 air cleaner decals

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 09:05:25 MDT 2016

Hi Andy,
Like you I too have been regularly frustrated by the quality of parts
available.

[image: Inline image 1]
How hard it it to make it RIGHT!!!!!!!
However, I recommend that unless you have money to burn, tread lightly.
*First* check this reproduction
http://www.ahead4healeys.co.uk/DECAL---AIR-FILTER-id4963.aspx
It looks a lot better that the ones that I have purchased in the past
(above).
*Second* consider what happened to me with the reproduction of early horn
rims. (Not my first experience in this BTW).
http://www.netbug.net/blogmichael/?p=1335
I have been completely unsuccessful in trying to sell these to the usual
suspects at below my cost (too expensive they say) they want to pay no more
than 20% of the retail price for parts!!!
*Third* consider where the filter decals are installed on the car. They are
almost impossible to see when fitted and it would take a contortionist to
actually distinguish a repro from an original during a concours inspection.
Unfortunately, to my cost, I have learned that the vast majority of people
are far from discerning when it comes to the fine details, not how it
should be perhaps, but how it is!!!
Just sayin,

Michael S
BN1 #174