[Healeys] 20-50 oil

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun Nov 27 10:44:44 MST 2016

Don't know if you can get it over there, but Valvoline Racing 20W-50
claims to have the necessary Z/P additives.   This stuff looks good:
*http://tinyurl.com/hy4p7hw*, but I haven't tried it.

BTW, talked to the engine rebuilder the other day and he said the cam
and lifters were very worn (he said the lifters were 'cup-shaped').
This is discouraging as I've maintained this engine well with oil
changes--20W-50--at least once/year or 4-5K (mostly highway) miles.
There wasn't any sludge or residue to speak of.  The one thing I didn't
do was follow a break-in procedure, as I wasn't aware of the need for it
when we last rebuild the engine (almost 30 years ago).  I used: Castrol,
Chevron and Valvoline oils.

Bob