[Healeys] su pumps again

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed Nov 23 07:31:35 MST 2016

According to the Wiki article the 'film was developed in the mid-1950s,' which could mean original BN1/2/3(shout out to Patrick)/4 pumps might not have it. Though 'old school' petrol didn't have ethanol in it, I suspect the distillation process of the time allowed other nasty stuff in the fuel, and gasoline itself is a pretty good solvent. Maybe some other barrier material was used?

Geez ... you know you're a 'Healey Nut' when you have to know what the plastic film on SU pump diaphragms was made of (I did major in chemistry for a couple years and still have a passing interest--that's my story anyway).