[Healeys] Engine mountings

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Thu Nov 17 07:24:28 MST 2016

I am currently collecting parts for eventual reassembly & was recently working on the motor mounts. I ended up with several different rubber replacement mounts from several sources that did not fit correctly. On some, the large studs were not correctly spaced apart. Their center to center dimension would not allow the studs to mate with their corresponding mounting holes. On others, the studs were not parallel to each other & were not perpendicular to the steel plate that is bonded to the rubber. On still others, the small steel locating pin between the large studs was not in the correct location & could not be installed into the mount without modifying the mount. Finally, I believe the  two studs on one side of the mount should (were originally) offset from the two studs on the opposite side. I.E. Not directly in line with each other. Some of the manufacturers did this & some of them did not. You may discover similar issues & have to modify the steel mounting plates to accept the new rubber mounts. I never found any that were correct in all aspects.
Gary Hodson