[Healeys] Non Healey...Computer help needed

Kent McLean kentmclean at comcast.net
Wed Nov 16 13:36:15 MST 2016

Al Fuller wrote:
> Michael, I use Microsoft ACCESS for my 100S and AH racing database. It started out as DBIV or III I think. I think Microsoft bought Foxpro and evolved it/blended it into ACCESS. There shouldn't be a problem converting it using the ACCESS commands. ACCESS isn't cheap, though. Ken Freese 65 BJ8

If you can coax Foxpro into writing the data out to a Comma Separated Values file, most current databases can import from that.
CSV: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma-separated_values

What you import into is another matter.  Is the Foxpro DB just a flat database (tables and rows)?  If so, maybe importing into a spreadsheet is all you need.

If you want to use a database, then LibreOffice Base is a freebie that can import Foxpro, though I’ve never tried it. More here:
http://superuser.com/questions/883044/how-to-convert-a-foxpro-database-without-spending

—
Kent McLean
’56 100 BN2