[Healeys] Overdrive Question

Austin Healeys List austinhealeyslist at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 14:06:55 MST 2016

HI Michael

It has nothing to do with the studs stretching and everything to do
with the aluminium housing flexing. It only needs to move a tiny bit
to unstick the sealant and after that there is no longer anything
stopping the oil weeping out. I'll run an FEA simulation on it some
time to show just how flexible the ali case is.

btw, Yamabond, Kawabond, Hondabond, Suzukibond etc are all OEM names
for ThreeBond sealant.

Andy.