[Healeys] SU Fuel Pumps

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Sat Nov 5 03:32:59 MDT 2016

See attached. They be overkill with particular respect to your query.

I think all the points are double now. If they stick when the pump’s new, you may need to take it round one more screw/bolt. That’ll make sense when you read the AUF 301 article.

You might say it’s an accumulation of all I know about these pumps. Not sure what constitutes “solid state” in respect of SU pumps but I am sure that one benefits from anything that cuts down on the arcing that causes pitting and the eventual death of points. (Diodes etcetc) Certainly, my first 3000 – when I knew even less, far less, than now – had pump points issues. I didn’t even know where the pump was, let alone what was inside it. Could have been mice on a wheel for all I knew. Ditto with my Sunbeam Tiger, but at least I’d learnt a bit by then.

So, good luck.

Simon