[Healeys] Oil Degreasers

michael.salter at gmail.com michael.salter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 07:32:13 MDT 2016

I just finished doing exactly that job on a rear end and steering box.

I use brake clean for final degreasing but one important detail.

Keep applying the brake clean until it runs off the bottom of the part CLEAR. It took 1 full cans to degrease these 2 items.

I then wipe off as much as I can will a clean cloth.

Michael S

BN1 #174

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 7:56 AM -0400, "Bob Spidell" <bspidell at comcast.net> wrote:

Agree with Alan, but follow-up with a 'pre-paint prep' similar to
      http://tinyurl.com/hhz5u8s

I haven't used the Eastwood stuff, but got something similar at
      the local auto paint store (in California).

Bob

    On 11/2/2016 2:13 AM, Alan Seigrist