[Healeys] Rocker arm bushes - smoking ---solved

Lou G lgalper1 at cox.net
Sat May 28 21:45:02 MDT 2016

We had an ongoing problem with the 100 smoking when pulling away from
stop signs and hot starts.
Problem:  No one would follow me on drives
Since the rocker assembly was gushing like crazy,
I borrowed a refurbished rocker assembly, installed on engine, adjusted
valves, >>>*no more smoking!*
Problem:  worn rocker bushes overwhelming valve stem seals - fixed!
Thanks to Terry Cowan at Toy Shop Restorations in Bonita, CA.  He always
has refurbished Healey spares on the shelf.
Next stop: California Healey Week - Yosemite...

Lou
San Diego CA
BN1
AN5