[Healeys] Valvoline VR-1 20W-50 ...

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Sun May 8 16:05:04 MDT 2016

I hate to start another oil war, but:
Recalling that one of the Healeys said that the quality of the oil was less
important than the frequency of the oil changes - ie change yr oil often - I
get my 20 -50 from a farm depot. In bulk. Costs very little ie the drum
doesn't have a picture of a Classic Car on it. It's good stuff....most
decent size tractors are worth more than our cars and they wouldn't put any
old stuff in their engines! I've been running on Mole Valley Farmers' 20-50
for the last +/-15 yrs. Oil and filter at least every 3,000 miles.
Simon