[Healeys] Austin Healeys at Grand Prix

J. Armour sebring3000 at bigpond.com
Sat Mar 19 21:46:58 MDT 2016

Watching the drivers parade for the first Grand Prix for 2016 there was
Donald's favourite , the Bugeye in Australia and Frogeye to others. Great to
see some of the worlds best drivers in a Healey.

Recently Gordon Murray, a designer of multiple grand prix Constructors
Championship cars rated a Sprite as one of his 10 best cars. He has a Bugeye
in his garage. What a recommendation.
Gordon also designed one of my all time favourite GT cars, the McLaren F.1
three seater. I was lucky enough to have had a personal tour through the
factory when they were being assembled. The only supercar without turbos,
power assisted anything and room for a golf set in the side compartment and
still just over one tonne. Built as a road car and yet won LeMans 24 Hour
first time out.

Back to the Melbourne GP
Joe