[Healeys] Nash Healey for sale

Larry Varley varley at cosmos.net.au
Thu Mar 3 17:21:01 MST 2016

In Regard to the very rustly Nash Healey convertible, what Steve Byers didn’t mention was that he took the photos on a scouting mission that he kindly undertook for me in the quest for finding a front bonnet / hood for this car –

http://www.acmefluid.com.au/nash/chassis3143.html

Mission accomplished and so I will soon have the hood and a couple of other parts I’m missing. Thanks very much Steve! It should be noted that it would be very difficult to bring the car he saw back to life, as spares are very difficult to find and there is a lot missing. Bodywork can also be quite challenging on these cars as they were hand made bodies that were file finished when constructed, For instance the roof of my coupe is made from 9 formed pieces of sheetmetal welded together and hand file finished. So add to that a lot of surface rust on that car and there may not be much metal thickness left!

For those that did not recognize the photos Steve posted, the car was a Colliers, the old AMC dealer that recently featured in an episode of American Pickers television program. It looked like a fascinating place to visit!

Regards

Larry Varley