[Healeys] Ultrasonic Parts Washer

Andy Thorp bce257 at yahoo.co.nz
Mon Jun 13 03:59:35 MDT 2016

I use ultrasonic parts cleaners regularly and they are great at taking things from mostly clean to surgically clean, however they won't get large amounts of heavy gunge off.

For cleaning old car parts I use paint stripper- it penetrates into everything and breaks up the gunge. Try slobbering an old carburettor in paint stripper, it'll come up like brand new. Also works very well for getting frozen screws undone because it penetrates into the corrosion in the threads and loosens it. The attached pic is a pair of H6s that had sat outside for many years, they cleaned up very nicely just using only paint stripper and a soft brass wire brush to dust off the oxidation

Andy.