[Healeys] Ultrasonic Parts Washer

Jonas Payne jpaynepbr at cox.net
Sat Jun 11 15:18:59 MDT 2016

My harbor freight parts washer just rusted through after 10 years and I need a new parts washer.

I hate these things because frankly, they don’t do anything – it’s just a basin full of detergent,  you still have to do all the scraping, scrubbing etc.

I’m thinking about getting something automated that all I have to do is dump the parts in, and come back later and they are clean, but the transmission and engine cleaners that pro shops have are like $3500.

Does anybody have any experience with ultrasonic parts washers?  I can get one that is about the same size as the crappy old one for about $1k, but before I jump in, I’d like to know how effective they are.

Jonas Payne

PBR Consulting Services, LLC

702.882.6711