[Healeys] I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack ...

J. Scott Morris jstmorris at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 11 07:27:27 MDT 2016

Hi Bob; Here is my file on aluminum oil pans.  Read from last page-up.
 --Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario, Canada - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives

    On Sunday, July 10, 2016 8:28 PM, Bob Spidell <bspidell at comcast.net> wrote:

 This is sort of the ubiquitous 'test' messages; I got bumped off this
list for some reason--I'm not THAT ednoxious--and I just now started to
receive recent messages so I hope to stay.

And now, a question: What's the List take on aluminium sumps? They sound
like a good, easily-reversible mod and my steel pan has taken it's lumps
(dents, actually).  Any cooling effect would be an added, though
probably subjective, bonus.  But, I'm concerned that, were I to
high-center the pan somehow or hit a rock, the pan could fracture where
a steel pan might just get another dent. Anyone have this happen to
them?  DW sells a 'low-profile' pan that might all but eliminate that
risk, but might also reduce capacity.

Anyone got an Al pan?  What's your take?

TIA,

Bob

Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive