[Healeys] BJ8 Brakes

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Sun Jul 3 02:17:51 MDT 2016

Bleeding brakes can drive you crazy.

See the attached, from my BMC manual. It addresses the question rather
neatly, suggesting that air may be drawn in at the end of the downward push;
for example, the threads on the bleeders may be slightly worn.

The trick is to close the bleeder 100% before the downward stroke ie, most
important, while fluid is still coming out.

A device such as A Gunson's Eezibleed will mange that OK.

The pdf's first line may seem a little strange......it's a note addressed to
myself. The relevant paragraph is not in my pdf version of the manual for
some reason so I added it as a reminder.

Good luck,

Simon