[Healeys] 1934 Chrysler Airflow...why can't today's cars be built this sturdy

i erbs eyera3000 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 13:24:31 MST 2016

*Subject: **1934 Chrysler Airflow...why can't today's cars be built this
sturdy?*

a fun video...watch until the end!

DO YOU THINK OUR CARS OF TODAY COULD PASS THESE TESTS ?

1934 Chrysler Airflow Goes Over The Cliff

And Drives Away…

Wow, when they put on safety demos back in the day, supervised,
they stated, by "hard boiled" State Troopers.  (Road & Track)

I wonder how today's car would hold up under the same tests? BTW, we have
one of these Airflows at the Sacramento Auto Museum. They were
only made for four years, 1934 – 1937 and sold by both DeSoto and Chrysler.
They never sold as well as the manufacturer wanted. People
just weren’t ready for the new futuristic design.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/bFl5pEe-7uo?feature=player_detailpage

Ira Erbs
Portland,OR
1959 BN4 100-6