[Healeys] Barn Find

Andy sneddon at xsmail.com
Thu Jan 7 12:53:52 MST 2016

Ira,

Thanks for posting,

First thoughts, following on from an earlier comment today being, that there isn’t even a speedometer or tachometer to rebuild,

Things were a little more interesting at the engine bay photo –  a rusted out tri-carb bay – “I recognise that, thought I”

Well the Heritage certificate made me look twice ; Same colour, same build date, same Key No, same set of Factory Fitted Equipment as “my” car.

The differences, this one was 19 different on the chassis number, 8 different on the body number  and 3 different on the engine number.  It was shipped the day before and it went to Detroit rather than L.A.

Oh, and my one had a bit more of the original metal left on.

Andy

PS.

Attached is a pic as bought (AAH 1 – with some very poor repairs by a PO who had started a restoration and which had to be completely undone !!!) and as now 3 years later. .... still a long way to go