[Healeys] Barn Find

Corning, Dan (D.C.) dcorning at ford.com
Wed Jan 6 12:44:00 MST 2016

Hello,

I used to be on the Healey list several years ago and I dropped off after my 1962 BT7 restoration project went into hibernation.  I recently signed back on to the list when the restoration project re-awakened.  I look forward to seeing the Healey discussions as I move forward, especially those related to restoration of the 3000's.

Another reason I signed back onto the list is because I wanted to share something I found rather exciting; a 1959 BT7 "BARN FIND".  This has never happened to me before and I almost couldn't believe it when I saw it!  I was down in Mexico on a mission trip with my church.  We were driving down a gravel road in the middle of nowhere and I saw it sitting in an old garage well away from the road.  I made them stop the van and I ran to take pictures.  I don't know about the rules for attaching photos on the list but hopefully it's not a problem.  I have several photos but only attached one that I compressed to less than 300 kb.  (Can someone tell me the rules regarding this?)  Anyway, although the car looks like it has been sitting for many years it's complete and very restorable.  I'm trying to find a way to contact the owner to see if he wants to sell it.  I also need to check into the rules for importing antique vehicles from Mexico.  Lastly, I need to find a reliable resource for calculating the value of an unrestored car.

Thanks,
Dan Corning