[Healeys] get a load of this one..

HealeyRick healeyrik at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 18:25:48 MST 2016

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was nasty old BL that killed the Healey
rather than the safety and emission requirements.  From what I've read, the
Healey 4000 would have met the US requirements for 1968 (
http://www.ewilkins.com/wilko/ah4000.htm) but it was the decision to badge
engineer the MGC in favor of a new Healey that was the death knell.  MGBs
managed to soldier on for several years after 1967 with the same chrome
bumpers.  That's not to say the Healey that we know and love could've
soldiered on forever in light of more stringent US standards, just that I
don't think they were the immediate cause of death.

Happy Healeying,
Rick Neville