[Healeys] Fw: LUCAS

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Thu Feb 18 11:25:41 MST 2016

Awesome!

Thanks, John.

----- Original Message -----

From: "John Sims" <ahbn6 at verizon.net>
To: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell at comcast.net>
Cc: "healeys" <healeys at autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2016 7:44:46 AM
Subject: RE: [Healeys] Fw: LUCAS

Try: http://www.antiqueautobattery.com/batteries/british/17L.html

John Sims

Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com

From: Healeys [mailto:healeys-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Bob Spidell
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2016 10:22 AM
Cc: healeys

Well, that's scary. We used a couple of Interstate 6V batteries--I think they're actually for golf carts--in our 100M resto. Now, it appears Interstate is not making 6V batteries in a form factor that will fit in the trays and brackets used in 100s anymore. I thought about getting the repro tar tops when they were available, but they were just too damn expensive--I figured I could buy them after I win the lottery (note to self: win lottery).

Bob

Bob,

In a word NO, reproduction 17L tar-top batteries from Vintage Battery Company are no longer available. They cannot get quality lead plates anymore, and it seems that no one makes a maintenance free 6V battery that will fit into their reproduction Lucas cases. They still make the slightly taller battery that is used in the MGA which is a maintenance free battery but it's slightly too tall to use in the 100s.

I've given up trying to work with their CEO, Dolores so if someone else wants to contact them and see if they can get them to find a solution to this problem... then be my guest.

Curt