[Healeys] Fw: LUCAS

Curtis Arndt cnaarndt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 19:52:21 MST 2016

Bob,

In a word NO, reproduction 17L tar-top batteries from Vintage Battery
Company are no longer available.  They cannot get quality lead plates
anymore, and it seems that no one makes a maintenance free 6V battery that
will fit into their reproduction Lucas cases.  They still make the slightly
taller battery that is used in the MGA which is a maintenance free battery
but it's slightly too tall to use in the 100s.

I've given up trying to work with their CEO, Dolores so if someone else
wants to contact them and see if they can get them to find a solution to
this problem... then be my guest.

Curt