[Healeys] 6-36 windscreen screws

Ian Hey rianhey at btinternet.com
Wed Feb 10 14:31:42 MST 2016

Hello All

I have a BJ7 and have been told (by AH Spares) that the windscreen screws
are 2BA.  That is similar to No10 UNF so that is what mine now are.

No 6-36 sounds as if it is very similar to 4BA which is 0.142 inch diameter,
38.5 threads per inch.  BA (British Association) threads are widely used for
threads less than ¼ inch in all British mechanical and electrical equipment
up to the 1960s and 1970s.  They have probably died out now in new
equipment.  The largest is 0BA which has a diameter of 0.236 inch.

I suspect that the windscreen screws referred to as No 6-36 are actually 4BA

Regards

Ian Hey