[Healeys] Camshaft differences

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 04:07:42 MST 2016

Andy.
There are 2 gear drives on a camshaft.
One for the distributor.
One for the oil pump.
The drive for the distributor was always the same number of teeth.
Always on a C series engine. Same same same.
Oil pump? That's different.
Same size gear for both?
No. Smaller? That's early
Bigger gear for oil pump?
That's later. Bigger gear.
That's the one I'll be using.
Your pic tells me nothing.
All c series engines have identical distributor drive gears.
Don't try to identify anything by 50 year old ridges or grooves.
Or do. Your call.

Sent from my iPhone