[Healeys] OD Kickout Relay

Per Schoerner per at schoerner.se
Thu Feb 4 17:47:47 MST 2016

Charlie
What you have is one relay and one switch. Standing in front of the car
the right box is the relay and the left box is the switch. The purpose
of the switch is to keep the relay energised until you accelerate a bit,
then it should brake the circuit. That is when you have switched the
overdrive dash switch off of course.
Perhaps your switch is faulty, or just misadjusted. Disconnect the
cables from it and test it with an ohm meter. When correctly adjusted it
should brake the circuit when the accelerator pedal is pushed 20% IIRC.

Per