[Healeys] washing my car

sentenac.rw at gmail.com sentenac.rw at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 23:07:41 MST 2016

Hi Ira,

Maybe you could get more useful answers if you could tell the list
more details about what you are asking:  kind of soap?,  kind of 'wash
cloth'?, kind of 'chamois'?

Griot's Garage and Maguire have good car soap.  It is hard for me to
imagine what some other soap could do that these don't do.  Costco's
auto soap works for me.

The other materials could be an excellent source of debates.  The goal
of 'wash cloths' is to apply the soapy water and to lift off the dirt
with as little abrasion as possible.  The goal of the 'chamois' is to
remove the water as completely, easily and quickly as possible, again
with as little abrasion as possible.  Real chamois did a good job on
nitrocellulose lacquer and modern paints are a whole lot tougher/  But
there are a lot of cheaper and possibly better new materials to serve
both purposes.  Let the debates begin.

-Roland
BN1 #724