[Healeys] Adhesive

Austin Healeys List austinhealeyslist at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 15:13:22 MST 2016

I don't know if the products have changed in the last ten years or so
but recently I have only had bad experiences with regular contact
adhesives like Ados F2. My guess would be EPA requirements have
eliminated the ingredients that used to make them work. Sun heat will
turn the adhesive to a gooey mess and it will start falling off in a
few months.

Shoe glue seems to be ok, as does bodywork trim adhesive.

It is also beneficial to wipe the new rubber seal down with solvent to
remove any moulding silicone or wax before applying the glue, and once
it is in place, dust the sealing surface with talc to help it bed in.

Andy.