[Healeys] Mount a coil on an alternator.

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Fri Dec 23 11:07:58 MST 2016

I've had an alternator in my BT7 for a while now.

So, when I was doing the job, I looked at pictures of other people's
installations. Nobody's coil was mounted on the alternator as coils were/are
mounted on the generators.

I didn't mount mine on the alternator either.

Now, I'm wondering why everybody found ingenious places to put the coils and
nobody ingeniously adapted their brackets to fit onto their alternator.

Do alternators get too hot? Do they give off some kind of magic death ray
that fries coils or what??

Any reasons not to do it??

Thanks,

Simon