[Healeys] broken BJ8 horn

ph yosmovies at hotmail.fr
Wed Dec 21 12:01:55 MST 2016

Hi,

I'm still working on my BJ8 horn and it doesn't seem to work at all:

-I tested on my new battery with 2 thick wires. i bashed it a few times and turned the "setting screw" round for minutes clockwise and counterclockwise.

No sound ever came out.

So I decided I needed to open it in 2 pieces.

But it is becoming quite difficult.

I tried drilling out one of the 6 flat rivets (I think there are 6). First with a small drill bit (both sides) then bigger both sides, then again the small drill bit both sides, so that the holes connect. Then the bigger drill again. Took me ages! And a lot of strengh... I broke the "socket"!!

See picture.

Are those rivets? Anyone has done this before? Is there an easy way?

Thanks,

PH