[Healeys] oil

healeymanjim healeymanjim at hansencc.net
Sat Aug 27 20:20:01 MDT 2016

i guess ignorance is bliss, but when i restored my engine back in the mid 90s i had never heard of DZZP, or flat tappet
problems and probably did not know what break in oil was.  i put it together on an engine stand and coated all the moving
surfaces with assembly lube, which i now know contains zinc.  apparently the gods were looking out for me, as the engine
has been in about 20 years, i use it most every day, and i have never had the head or the pan off.  rather be lucky than
good any day.