[Healeys] Steering problem

josef-eckert at t-online.de josef-eckert at t-online.de
Sun Aug 7 09:13:07 MDT 2016

John,
Fit narrower tyres. Original size was 590/ 15 or when you like radials 165 / 80 - 15.

Josef Eckert
Konigswinter/Germany

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: Re: [Healeys] Steering problem
Datum: 2016-08-07T16:41:27+0200
Von: "Al Malin" <amalin at mac.com>
An: "John and Judy Carter" <jc9821 at msn.com>

John,

Are you finding it difficult to turn the steering wheel while your BJ8 is stopped? If so, whenever possible avoid turning the wheel unless moving. A moving Healey, albeit rather slowly, is always much easier to turn than one fully stopped.

In our modern cars we spin the wheel with one finger while standing still and we may forget how much work the power steering unit does for us.

Al Malin
Tricarb

> On Aug 6, 2016, at 5:56 PM, John and Judy Carter <jc9821 at msn.com> wrote:
>
> What steps can I take in my BJ8 to make it steer easier. I have a new worm gear but have not installed it yet. I have filled the box with thick oil to prevent leaking.

Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

Healeys at autox.team.net