[Healeys] Retorqueing head after rebuild

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Wed Aug 3 10:36:05 MDT 2016

I suppose it depends on the type of head gasket. In the old days we
generally used to re-torque after about a 1000km/600mls. That was the
norm for most cars.
It all changed in the late sixties and early seventies when re-torquing
became unfashionable. These days they don't even know what re-torquing
is all about.
If you have used a modern composite head gasket I would not worry about
re-torquing. On the other hand if you used an old-fashioned steel
asbestos type, re-torque.
Kees Oudesluijs