[Healeys] My 62BJ7

HealeyRick healeyrik at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 17:10:24 MDT 2016

Condolences,  Fred.  Glad no one was hurt.

Sounds like the car got pretty hot if the gas tank exploded.  I can't
imagine there's much left of the sheet metal if it got that hot and if so,
it's often difficult to restore the metal's temper and get paint to stick.
Maybe it's worth a gamble to try to salvage the driveline if the insurance
buyback is low enough.  Trying to repair burn-outs is a real pain unless
the damage is extremely localized.

Frankly, I think I'd take the payout and look for another Healey.

Hope it turns out ok for you.
Rick