[Healeys] Headlamp switch

Ross rvmaylor at shaw.ca
Wed Sep 30 22:48:33 MDT 2015

Gents

On a recent outing I noticed smoke emanating from under the dash when the
headlamps were switched on. My 13 year old son thought we were going up in
flames and decided to walk home. With the lights off no more smoke or burnt
plastic smell occurred and I easily beat my son home. I disconnected the
what was left of the two red wires, no damage to any other wires. The switch
is the original Lucas unit for a 1958 100-Six. Should I assume that it was
the switch that failed or should I be looking for something else. The
harness was replaced during the restoration but the switches were kept.

Thanks

Ross Maylor