[Healeys] Tires for 100-6

Earl Kagna kags at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 27 10:08:43 MDT 2015

All - I had the same problem on my BJ8 - I run 72 spoke Dayton 457F wheels -
5 inches width, with the same tires - 185/70 15 Vreds.  Slight contact with
the bump stop box bolts at the rear, which were mounted as per the factory -
hex head bolts with flat and lock washers.  Solution was to first remove the
flat washer, then the lock washer.  Next step - I'll probably just use a
countersunk bolt to gain a bit more clearance.

Wire wheels are made in several widths and offsets, so other peoples'
results may be different than mine. In my case, the car is as original - no
chassis or body repair was done at restoration, so no changes to the body
alignment in that area.  Some Healeys will make slight contact at full lock
at the lower part of the inner fender - easy enough to 'massage' with a
rubber mallet.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BJ8, BT7 tri-carb