[Healeys] Race results from the 50s

Neil Anderson neilandcustom at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 13:27:30 MDT 2015

John,
You can try this.  http://www.racingsportscars.com/

Go to the *Photo Gallery *on the home page (which says)
*Sports Car Racing - entire history 1921-2015*Le Mans Series, ALMS, FIA GT,
older races like World Championship, IMSA, Can-Am, Interserie, ISRS and
many more.

and then choose a race series (or choose 'All Sports Car Races') from the
top menu and then scroll through the pages until you get to the year you
are looking for.  (Older years are higher page numbers)

When you get to the year you want, you will find a list of different races
or race venues for that year, and then click that venue, like *'Sebring 12
Hour'*.  That will take you to that race for that year, where you will find
(in many instances) a copy of the entrant list and then also photos and car
info of all the entrants, including race finishing order.  After you try
this a few times, it becomes quite easy to find the info you are looking
for.  Of course, they only have info for races they list, but it is quite
extensive.

When I was doing some research for the *sebringsprite.com
<http://sebringsprite.com> *website two years ago, I compiled a spreadsheet
of all the  DHMC works Sprite entries for Sebring, LeMans, and the Targa
Florio for the years 1959 - '70.  This website was extremely helpful in
filling in some gaps of information.  The research started as a project on
the last works Sprites, those sleek streamlined race cars.  Martin Ingall
published his findings in the May and June 2015 issues of the AHCA
magazine *Healey
Marque*.  I believe it is also published on his website, listed above.  Joe
Armour's ex-works Sebring/LeMans Sprite plays prominently in that history.

I hope you find the information you are looking for.  The Racing Sports
Cars website is a huge nostalgia trip for hose interested in race cars,
drivers, and race venues.  Have fun.

Neil Anderson
Illinois, USA
BT7, AN5