[Healeys] Donald Healeys Fixed Head Coupe

Brian Drab bgdrab at eastlink.ca
Wed Oct 28 21:44:02 MDT 2015

Earlier someone was wondering when the ad for Donald Healey’s fixed head
coupe was advertised for £850. I’ve been in contact with Joe Jarick in
Australia. Joe is probably the most preeminent historian  on the Austin
Healey 100S. Joe clipped that ad out of a 1962 issue of Autosport. He
advises that he was told that the first owner after DMH paid £500 for the
car but he thinks that it is probably light given that DMH was asking £850.
He still has the copy of the ad as well as the copy of Autosport.

I’ll leave all the currency conversions to someone else.

Brian Drab

Vancouver BC