[Healeys] DMH Rolex

J. Armour sebring3000 at bigpond.com
Wed Oct 28 15:21:09 MDT 2015

4 thoughts on ³Donald Healey¹s wristwatch going to Bonhams auction²
1. David Lee says:
2. October 21, 2015 at 3:24 PM
<https://news.classiccars.com/donald-healeys-wristwatch-coming-bonhams-aucti
on/#comment-2771>
3. If that wasn¹t a Rolex, say Timex it wouldn¹t bring squat
4.
5. Kane <http://WKDCUSTOMS.COM/>  says:
6. October 21, 2015 at 3:42 PM
<https://news.classiccars.com/donald-healeys-wristwatch-coming-bonhams-aucti
on/#comment-2772>
7. WOW! NICE ROLEX!
8.
9. Ron halford says:
10. October 25, 2015 at 2:36 PM
<https://news.classiccars.com/donald-healeys-wristwatch-coming-bonhams-aucti
on/#comment-2782>
11. Possibly the most beat up Rolex I¹ve ever seen.look at it only as a
historical piece with a famous owner because to bring it back to a wearable
condition will cost as much again as its eventual high price at auction.
Don¹t get me wrong I would love it if it was mine but it would need to look
like a Rolex perhaps with normal wear and tear.this looks like it¹s been in
the bottom of his old toolbox for twenty years and a cheap strap put on for
the photo shot haven¹t helped.
12.
13. Joe Armour says:
14. October 28, 2015 at 5:46 AM
<https://news.classiccars.com/donald-healeys-wristwatch-coming-bonhams-aucti
on/#comment-2797>
15. Blokes maybe this watch has done a couple of Monte Carlo rallys, a Mille
Miglia and who knows what else. Donald was a great competitor/driver. The
first Englishman to win the Monte Carlo. He drove a Healey across the USA.
16. The watch was probably on his wrist when he did 203.11 mph on the
Bonneville Salt Flats. Oh and he also often water skied with Stirling Moss
so I guess the watch is Œsecond hand and in used condition¹. If only it
could tell the stories!