[Healeys] Adjustable Steering wheel won't adjust

Elton Schulz eschulz at frontiernet.net
Sat Oct 17 21:58:37 MDT 2015

Corrosion between the adjusting ring and the splines on the column?
To pull the steering wheel you have to undo the 3 grub screws on the
steering hub to pull out the trafficator with the short tube about a
foot. But first separate the harness from the clip on the angle
crisscross in front of the radiator to give yourself some slack when
pulling the trafficator. You don't have to disconnect any wiring or pull
the wiring out of the long tube unless you want to completely remove the
steering wheel from the car. And don't forget to remove the circlip to
get the wheel off the column.