[Healeys] Headlamp switch

Per Schoerner per at schoerner.se
Wed Oct 7 03:02:48 MDT 2015

Hi
This happened to me too a couple of years ago. Shortly after switching
the lights on smoke was let out of the cable loom. It turned out to be
the red cable that goes from the the light switch to a junction just
under the fuse box. This is the cable that feeds the side lights, aka
parking lights. Upon investigation the only thing I could find was that
there seemed to be a shortcut in the left rear light bulb. And as this
circuit is not fused the part that carries the most current of it
burned. That is the piece from the light switch to the junction, that
feeds 4 bulbs, while the other parts of this circuit only feed one or
two bulbs.
Luckily no other cables in the loom got affected by this, so I just
replaced that piece of the red cable.

Per