[Healeys] Lower Grill Surround fitment on front Shroud

ghaywood at ec.rr.com ghaywood at ec.rr.com
Mon Oct 5 19:27:08 MDT 2015

Raphael,

Here are a couple of pictures of my bj8 shroud during it's restoration.  Note the brackets riveted to the shroud to receive the lower portion of the grill surround.  They are inside of the shroud.  There are also three mounting holes for the upper portion of the grill surround.  The oval portion is inserted from the front and secured with special studs that have threads on both ends and a hex nut in the center.  The grill is inserted from behind through the left wheel well opening and hangs on the same studs that secure the oval piece.  If you have a parts manual you can see the proper fasteners.

I found a picture on line of a correctly mounted grill for you to see how it sets in the shroud.  Hope this helps.

Take care,

George Haywood