[Healeys] Lower Grill Surround fitment on front Shroud

Mark Donaldson ardmorebusiness at xtra.co.nz
Sun Oct 4 16:22:53 MDT 2015

Hello Rafael,

I can help you.

I'll reply to you direct, off-page.

Cheers

Mark

Ardmore, NZ

-----Original Message-----
From: Rafael Abugattas [mailto:rafaelabugattas at yahoo.es]
Sent: Monday, 5 October 2015 2:26 a.m.
To: 'healeys'
Subject: [Healeys] Lower Grill Surround fitment on front Shroud

Hi all,

I am in the midst of restoring my 1962 BT7 Tri-Carb. We have finished most

of the chassis metal work and we are now working on the aluminum front
shroud.

My car has been on a previous accident and we have removed a lot of bondo

covering the bottom part of the front shroud.

The guy who is doing the work is asking me for help regarding the position

of the lower lip of the bottom grill surround vs the shroud. He is not sure

whether the surround goes inside or whether it "bites" the shroud.

I have looked for pictures everywhere and the other two Healeys that are in

my country and that we have visited are a BN4 and a BN6 that have a

different grill than mine.

Enclosed is a picture of the of the Bill Pigot book showing in more detail

how the lower grill surround protrudes in front of the shroud. Would

somebody please send me another picture of the same angle or another angle

(may be from the top), so we can confirm how this part goes?

Thanks in advance,

Rafael