[Healeys] Rear upright source/casting number question

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 14:17:58 MDT 2015

Thanks to several of you who responded to my earlier post regarding the
rear upright casting.  I also posted my query to the BCF and another
race-related forum and within an hour I heard from two different folks
pointing me to a an Evay.UK site where the upright is for sale.  It turns
out the same part is used in front-engined Elva FJ's which are still raced
quite a bit in the UK and on the Continent and someone has conveniently
"remanufactured" some of the uprights.  The price of  £300.00 (about $455
right now) is steep but the alternative of having the unbroken one scanned
and made on a custom basis would be prohibitive so I cannot complain too
loudly.

Best--Michael Oritt