[Healeys] air cleaners

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Sun Oct 4 01:25:51 MDT 2015

No, they’re not. I had 3 filters on my MkII BT7 and hated anything to do with them. On mine – I don’t know about anyone elses’s – the backplate was attached to the carb by a bolt coming through from the back/engine and fixed by a nut and washers. I put a blob of plastic metal on each bolt head and tightened them up without the filters being in situ. That at least kept the bolts secure and in line on the carbs freeing up a hand and obviating the need to have to get in behind the filters. Worked OK so long as one was careful.

Simon